Thursday, October 25, 2007

Online Class Review

The reason that I enjoyed the online classes was because it was an alternative, more independent way of thinking and learning. I have taken one online class in my program and I did not feel that I got as much out of it because it lacked the dialogue that can be created in a live classroom. With only three online classes, it created a change of pace that was refreshing and dynamic. I enjoy our discussions in class and I think we all benefit from sitting down together and talking. I would not increase the number of online classes, but I think three, with a conventional class in between each, was perfect.

Being able to complete my assignments from home or from work was a welcome change as well. I think that some students can share ideas and reactions easier in an online environment that is less confrontational. It is difficult for me to check in to the online environment several times during the week. I much rather prefer being able to do my work in one sitting. I might only suggest that reactions to other students’ work be made in the following week. I know that I, for one, often wait until the last minute to make my posts and so what I produce does not help the dialogue of the class.

No comments: